Make Comics Forever!!

Make Comics Forever is a forum for cartoonists dedicated to improving their productivity. This is not a forum for wimps! This is not a forum for flakes! We are here to share tips and techniques on how to produce more work and better work. Become a comic-making machine! Join the discussion now! To become a member, email a request to robyn @ un-pop.com

Saturday, December 24, 2005

An Advantage to the Holidays

(Besides a whole lotta food, that is.)

With people out of town (including myself for a few days), it's great to take advantage of the time to draw some comic pages. I get to start the year off with almost 3 weeks of some serious drawing time (along side working on freelance web design), which is a good way to start off 2006 I think.

I know a lot of people stop working completely doing this time of year, but not me. I just relish the fact that people go away for a bit.

Of course, in like 2 weeks I'll probably go stir crazy.

4 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Alec said...

Here here. I have three whole weeks until school starts up again and I plan to put them to good use! I got eight hours of drawing in today and hope to do the same for the rest of my time off. Hooray for the holidays!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Mal Jones said...

I have all of next week off from the day job to work on comics and other freelance work. I can't wait, but I don't forsee a lot of sleep going on that week.

I'm pumped though. Might do a day to day report here at good ol' MCF just for kicks.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger robyn said...

I agree. I've been away visiting family in Alaska for two weeks. Being away from my drawing environment and my typical schedule makes it hard to get good drawing hours in. I'm eager to get back to Vermont. Then I'll really take advantage of my school break.
I did, however, do a lot of research for my graphic novel (which takes place in Talkeetna, Alaska.)
And I did finish my first ever 24-hour comic! More on that later.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer B. said...

I had a go at my first 24 Hour Comic this past April; I managed to get 14 pages drawn. Three of us got together at my friend's office and we had a great time drawing - the time flew by, I couldn't believe it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home