Make Comics Forever!!

Make Comics Forever is a forum for cartoonists dedicated to improving their productivity. This is not a forum for wimps! This is not a forum for flakes! We are here to share tips and techniques on how to produce more work and better work. Become a comic-making machine! Join the discussion now! To become a member, email a request to robyn @ un-pop.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Welcome to Make Comics Forever!!

This blog and it's name are inspired by a speech my friend Alec Longstreth gave when he accepted his Best Mini Comic Ignatz Award. Alec's philosophies on work and productivity have been very inspirational to me. I want to work harder and I hope this blog will help me. I hope it will help you too.
In the spirit of NOT WASTING TIME I'll stop writing now. But please, share your ideas here!

5 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea Robyn! Count me in. I've come back from SPX inspired to make more/better comics. They'll be talking for years about Alec's speech. I know I will.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger robyn said...

Greg! For those that don't know, Greg is really Clutch McBastard, crafter of fine zines and mini-comics. He keeps a (mostly?) daily comic journal, so I'm sure he has a lot to share about productivity! Keeping a steady journal is tough.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Mikhaela Reid said...

This blog is a great, great idea. I think that as a weekly newspaper strip cartoonist, my procrastination might take a slightly different form (since if I ever miss a deadline, I'd basically lose my job), but it's just as big of a problem for me in terms of both the business side of things (getting more clients) and the art side (feeling like I've actually done my best work, and not just churned something out because I had to).

Anyway, I'll come up with something more articulate and clever and write a proper post on the main blog. Thanks so much for the invite!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger dave roman said...

Love the new site!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

i dont know how to use blogspot. i cant ost into this group.. only in my own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home