Make Comics Forever!!

Make Comics Forever is a forum for cartoonists dedicated to improving their productivity. This is not a forum for wimps! This is not a forum for flakes! We are here to share tips and techniques on how to produce more work and better work. Become a comic-making machine! Join the discussion now! To become a member, email a request to robyn @ un-pop.com

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Social Cartooning at CCS


Last Saturday marked the first of what will be monthly (!) drawing parties at CCS. They will be held on the first Saturday of the month, and they will be open to the public (RSVP required.) I'm going to dub the day Social Cartooning at CCS.
This Saturday we had about 15 participants, many of them members of the New England cartoonist collective Trees and Hills. the group was very friendly, enthusiastic, and fairly serious about comics.

Everyone was self-directed, some working on their personal projects, others working on jam comics. In general, I'm anti-jam comics. "No Jam Comics" was basically the first testament of my former cartooning group (AWP, represent.) But I participated in one that I felt was fairly successful.
When the party ended, I had drawn for nearly 6 hours, not bad. I also made several new friends. I look forward to the next Social Cartooning event. Hope to see you there!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robyn,

That sounds really cool! It seems like the perfect event because it can be whatever the participants want it to be (jam if you wanna jam, go solo if that, etc).

Also, good looking out with the link to the TREES AND HILLS team; that just opened my eyes to something interesting.

-Ayo.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Mikhaela Reid said...

Social cartooning sounds great. I still do most of my cartooning in solitude and I hate that, though my boyfriend and I draw together sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home