Make Comics Forever!!

Make Comics Forever is a forum for cartoonists dedicated to improving their productivity. This is not a forum for wimps! This is not a forum for flakes! We are here to share tips and techniques on how to produce more work and better work. Become a comic-making machine! Join the discussion now! To become a member, email a request to robyn @ un-pop.com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Keep Your Eyes On The Prize!

After a year and a half of work, I just got my finished comic book back from the printer. I now have 300 copies waiting to be sent out to my subscribers, friends and family. And it is a GREAT feeling.

I know it's like the most simple advice in the world: to work towards a goal. But I think it's easy to forget (especially if your project takes a LONG time to complete!) that it feels REALLY GREAT when you are done. It almost makes you forget all the long hours, working by yourself on your project. Now it will be sent out into the world for people to enjoy!

So I just thought, as someone who has just completed a project, I would put up a little reminder for those of you who are currently in that difficult middle-stretch of a project, that it is SO going to be worth it when you are done! Don't give up! Keep working towards your goal!

And now I get to join the rest of you who are at the BEGINNING of a project! How exciting! The sequence begins again!!! : )

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Mikhaela Reid said...

I'm starting a new project now--a serial comic strip with actual characters. I'm still developing the characters and plot, but I'm super-excited for it and hope I can find the time.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.43folders.com/2005/09/23/scarlet-letters-creative-tips-for-artists/

the above is a link that i (a writer who reads this blog for a change of scenery) found encouraging. i'd post it as an entry... but i'm not a member. i'd become a member... but i'm not an illustrator. i'd be an illustrator... if i was more skilled at art than a moderately skilled 12 year old. alas, i am not, so i contribute the link to this site tucked away in the comments.

keep that pencil in yer fist and raise your fist to the sky!

nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home