Make Comics Forever!!

Make Comics Forever is a forum for cartoonists dedicated to improving their productivity. This is not a forum for wimps! This is not a forum for flakes! We are here to share tips and techniques on how to produce more work and better work. Become a comic-making machine! Join the discussion now! To become a member, email a request to robyn @ un-pop.com

Monday, July 31, 2006

An Explanation

Ok, I haven't been very present here at MCF. Sorry about that. I'm glad many of you good folk are keeping it lively. To honest, my working life has become too overwhelming. I do regret that, but this has always been a public forum, not a personal blog.
And yes, I have been deleting posts. The posts were deleted for two reasons. One, they didn't meet the criteria of this blog. This is a forum about work habits and the creative process. All posts should relate to these topics. It is not a place for art critique. I feel like there are plenty venues for that on the internet. This is also not a place to post comic news or editorials (unless they relate to work habits or the creative process.)
And two, the posts in question were, in my opinion, disrespectful and in poor taste. Call me a fascist if you'd like, I'll call myself an editor. I want this blog to provide content that is useful, I want the posts to be well written, and I want promote a positive atmosphere. Furthermore, I do want this blog to be somewhat accessible to younger cartoonists. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep that in mind when writing.

And I'd like to end by saying this: I will post again! I've been thinking thoughts in my long absence. I'll share them soon.

6 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Troy Little said...

Same here. Sorry If the Mignola post is too off topic, delete it if you like.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Acri Radio Comix said...

I dont know who taught you art sweetheart,but the whole point of a collabrative thing like this is to have people show their work to each other, get feedback, change or not change, grow, revise, not revise...oh, who cares...make comics forever, hell, it seems like you all dont do it at all. Fellows, I found a site like what this idiot was talking about where you can accually post art in nice colors and with real aplomb, and you get to actually say what you want,insted of this speak no evil internet bullshit which seems to be a doxy everywhere and about everything execpt the sopranos chat rooms, where it is always columbus day and always song of the south everyday.

Tony

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your obnoxious and largely incoherent means of expression will surely be appreciated by them. Buh-bye.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Colin Tedford said...

Yeah, Robyn, don't you even know the point of your own blog? Maybe if you wasted less time considering people's "feelings" you could make more comics!

< /sarcasm >

Anyway, looking forward to more of those friendly, useful posts. I've been meaning to post myself but I've been busy and a little disorganized. I'll try to think up some good stuff!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Alec Longstreth said...

Here Here Robyn!!! I think maybe as a guideline, if anyone is wondering if their upcoming post is on-topic they should read the "misson statement" (for lack of a better term) that Robyn posted at the very top of the blog:

"Make Comics Forever is a forum for cartoonists dedicated to improving their productivity. This is not a forum for wimps! This is not a forum for flakes! We are here to share tips and techniques on how to produce more work and better work. Become a comic-making machine! Join the discussion now!"

I too have been busy, but will post some new tips soon!!!

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...just popped in on the 'explanation' post and from what I've read so far..the desire to keep this a 'tooner friendly forum is sincere and well carried out. I'm a vet of sorts from over at Planet Cartoonist and while I still post there in light of the lagging activity it suffers..it is still a good forum to use if the right people try hard enough. The participants here could teach them a thing or two, I'm sure in that I have yet to see any of the bad-mouthing to one another here that I've witnesssed there. For that, I say congrats..in keeping a forum such as this one from slipping into the kind of dark abyss that P.C. has. Forums such as this are a needed kind for the opportunity they provide to artists to learn..communicate and otherwise come to know each other.It is for this reason that I have found it nessescary to keep coming back. To the person or people in charge of making this forum what it is..Bravo !! there should be more like you. Thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home