Make Comics Forever!!

Make Comics Forever is a forum for cartoonists dedicated to improving their productivity. This is not a forum for wimps! This is not a forum for flakes! We are here to share tips and techniques on how to produce more work and better work. Become a comic-making machine! Join the discussion now! To become a member, email a request to robyn @ un-pop.com

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Any type of job you want?



Hey gang..if you had a choice of which field in cartooning you'd take, which would it be? I realize we are all into cartooning and comics itself, but what would it be? Newspapers and magazines..animation..greeting cards and T-shirts..airbrush..album and cd design...or perhaps television?.
Personally, I wanna see my work in the papers. I know the newspapers are in dire straits these days, but I think nothing would satisfy me more than trying to bring a smile to the faces of thousands of readers on a daily basis.My toon is based solely on stupidity and ineptness, and what with living near and working in the greater Daytona Beach area....the potential for a non-stop flow of inspiration is never ending.

I know this topic isn't as ' hardcore' a discussion topic as most of you are use to, but it is a topic for discussion nonetheless.............Thanks




5 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personaly dream of self-publication some day. Graphic novels and the like, however I do feel that working on a monthly publication could add some high-paced deadline-oriented action to my life...but that's many years down the road for this soon to be grad student.

-Miles

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Comic Tools said...

Nice big thick juicy graphic novels, with minicomics scattered between them to spice things up.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger John S. said...

I work in animation, but from the time I was a little boy I dreamed of having a syndicated newspaper strip like Popeye, Pogo, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes and Bloom County. Unfortuantly, no one publishes strips like that anymore, so it may be an impossible dream. I plan on submitting my strip anyway just to see what happens.
I coudn't hurt.

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my own very little organization where I make some home made comix, and sell them for a very low price...
my site is freewebs.com/comicslayaz/

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to work in animation as a character designer. That just seems like crazy apetime fun explosion.

I'm sure I'm idealizing it and that I wouldn't find it nearly as thrilling if I only ever designed new Bratz or new Transformers, but if I landed on a show like Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends I'd pretty much be on cloud 9.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home